If you have constant jaw pain and headaches, your jaw joint, or TMJ, may be the underlying cause. Dr. D’Andrea is fully equipped to help relieve your pain with TMJ treatment in Wilton. You can:
- Gid rid of debilitating pain that disrupts your daily activities
- Eat comfortably without your jaw feeling tired or painful
- Stop waking up with chronic headaches
- Prevent permanent damage to your tooth enamel from grinding your teeth – a common side effect and cause of TMJ disorder
Find TMJ Relief With A Custom Oral Appliance
Our team has invested in the newest technology to diagnose and treat temporomandibular joint disorder, or TMD:
- Myotronics J5 TENS – This machine relaxes your TMJ muscles and relieves neuromuscular problems (nerves related to your TMJ muscles). It can also find your correct bite and jaw relationship. This can help us understand if your bite – the way your teeth come together – is contributing to your facial pain.
- Myotronics K7 – This technology painlessly diagnoses TMJ and neuromuscular discomfort. With electrodes and sensors, we can import data about your facial muscles to our computer.
Both of these technologies give us the information we need to fabricate a custom TMJ mouthguard. This appliance will gently adjust your jaw into a position that relieves your discomfort.
We Offer Help For These Common TMJ Signs
TMD, also known as temporomandibular joint disorder, and MPD (myofascial pain dysfunction) are known together as craniomandibular dysfunction. This neuromuscular disorder affects the TMJ joints. These joints are located on each side of your head. They help you yawn, eat, speak, and chew by working with the muscles, ligaments, discs, and bones surrounding the joints.
TMJ disorder is characterized by the following symptoms, which we can alleviate with neuromuscular dentistry:
- Jaw pain
- Popping, clicking, and grinding sounds in the jaw
- Restricted jaw movement
- Teeth grinding
- Chronic migraines or headaches
- Unexplained ear aches
- Ringing in the ears
- Pain in your teeth, face, shoulders, and/or back
TMJ treatment in Wilton can change your life by allowing you to live without constant pain. Get started on this pain-free life today by calling 203-293-2086 for your consultation. You can also use our online form to request a visit.