- Our patient-focused team prioritizes your experience
- Your fillings will last with our unique method
- Choose from many kinds of dental implants
Whether you have a single injured tooth or a mouthful of mostly missing teeth, dental damage keeps you from smiling. It may also be tough for you to eat or even speak clearly. With restorative dentistry in Wilton, your smile will look beautiful and function perfectly again. Our restorative dental care includes:Doctor A. Vandiveer Strait on preventative dentistry Read Transcript
Doctor A. Vandiveer Strait on preventative dentistry
At Wilton Dental Associates, we believe that preventive dentistry is really the center of dentistry because if you have great preventive care, any investment you make in your dental health will be a good one because it will mean you don't get new problems, and new problems would cost a lot of money. So if you want to save money and stay healthy, then preventive care is really the center. And we have a technology that helps to eliminate the total cause of all dental disease. And it's been so effective that 95 percent of my patients never get new dental disease. So we would be absolutely privileged to help you be one of our patients and enjoy that benefit. So you too can have a healthy mouth for the rest of your life.
- Dental implants and dental bridges to replace missing teeth
- Composite fillings to mend decayed teeth, using a special technique called “channeling”
- Versatile dental crowns to repair many kinds of damage
- Root canals to save teeth from infection
- Gum recession treatment to bring your gums back to health
Whether you receive a single filling or a full-mouth restoration with dental implants, you can expect it to last a lifetime with proper care. In addition, our dentists’ ability to approach your dental care from every standpoint will ensure dramatically better results and save you money in the long run.
Call 203-293-2086 for a consultation with a skilled restorative dentist in Wilton. If your damage is due to a dental emergency, we’ll see you within 24 hours.
Our Special Technique Helps Dental Fillings Last Indefinitely
Silver/mercury amalgam fillings most commonly fail because they leak or cause cracks or fractures. Because of this, many dentists have begun using composite fillings. While they are less likely to crack teeth and look more natural, they shrink slightly when they are hardened. This shrinkage can cause them to leak and fail in as few as two years. Drs. D’Andrea and Strait use a system called “channeling” to eliminate the problem of shrinkage:
- First, we create a small channel in the middle of the material at each level as the restorative material is placed in your tooth and cured/hardened.
- We then fill in the channel. This creates a strong bond to your tooth that will last indefinitely.
We have been using this system for over 20 years with amazing results. We have never had to replace a restoration placed with this technique.
If you have old amalgam fillings you’d like to replace, we can safely remove them. We use high-speed evacuation and rubber dams to avoid any chance of inhalation. We can then place a beautiful new tooth-colored composite filling at the site.
Crowns & Root Canals Work Together For A Healthy Smile
Drs. D’Andrea and Strait perform root canals to save teeth threatened by infection. If infection gets into the pulp inside your tooth and the small passages called root canals, it is often painful and can result in losing your tooth.
It’s no surprise that many people believe root canals can’t help them. That’s true not only because they’re associated with pain, but also because of the common misconception that it’s better to extract the infected tooth and replace it with an implant.
Our dentists believe that it is best to keep your natural tooth whenever possible. We also believe that all endodontic treatments should be pain-free, and the vast majority of our cases can be treated successfully in one appointment. In our dentists’ skilled hands, you don’t have to let any negative experiences with root canal therapy ruin your dental health.
Through their experience and training, our dentists use techniques that help ensure our endodontic treatments are performed quickly and thoroughly. They involve:
- The newest computer-generated technology
- The Dentsply Sirona WaveOne Gold reciprocating system
- 3D obturation (filling and sealing) of the root canals
- High-magnification surgical telescopes
- Fiber-optic illumination of the operating field
We also use the proper restoration to protect your tooth from further damage following your root canal procedure. We will use either a:
- Dental Filling – Since front teeth are not subjected to the forces back teeth are and are less subject to vertical fracture, we will reinforce them with fillings following a root canal.
- Dental Crown – Your back teeth are not only subject to more chewing force, but they also have more canals than front teeth. So your dentist will use a dental crown to strengthen them and protect them from further damage. In some cases they will use a post or posts of titanium or other equally strong material for additional reinforcement.
You can prevent the need for a root canal by repairing cavities, breaks, or cracks where bacteria gets into the center of your tooth and causes infection. Depending on the size of the cavity, we’ll recommend a filling or a crown. A crown can repair most other kinds of damage, including cracks and breaks.
Replace Missing Teeth With Implants Or A Traditional Dental Bridge
You can replace one missing tooth or several missing teeth with a dental bridge. We can attach a bridge to your own teeth surrounding a gap in your smile. To avoid drilling into healthy teeth, we can use dental implants to support your bridge. Either way, your bridge will stay securely in place. Implants can also be used with crowns to replace single teeth or with dentures for full-mouth teeth replacement.