- Benefit from our periodontics training
- Enjoy sting-free local anesthesia
- Relax with dental sedation
Dr. Vandiveer Strait and Dr. Beckie D’Andrea are often able to save even the most damaged teeth. However, they can also remove teeth when needed. Best of all, they have the knowledge and experience to recommend the best course of action. Among the Wilton oral surgery our dentists perform are:Doctor A. Vandiveer Strait on oral surgery Read Transcript
Doctor A. Vandiveer Strait on oral surgery
Oral surgery in our office is something that we obviously would rather not do, and we do a great deal to prevent, but if someone needs it, then there's two aspects of it. One is to do it in a way that creates no discomfort afterwards and no discomfort while we're doing it. In addition, it's also important that it helps you are gaining something from it. That is, we're doing it because we want you to keep that tooth for the rest of your life, or we're doing it so that we now can restore the area properly. It should have a very important purpose, and it should not be done lightly. In our office we take that seriously, and we always make sure we take you ... as your wants and your needs foremost, and that we educate you about why we're doing it.
- Tooth Extractions – With our dentists’ experience and our painless numbing techniques, you may be surprised at how comfortable tooth removal can be.
- Bone Grafts – Your dentist may recommend this procedure to strengthens your jaw so it can better support dental implants.
- Gum Grafts – As part of our advanced gum disease treatment, you may need a gum graft to repair your damaged gums. With our in-house periodontist and Dr. Strait’s training as a periodontist, we will help you keep your gums intact.
In general, your dentists at Wilton Dental Associates are committed to first trying nonsurgical procedures to restore your dental health. We’ll thoroughly assess your condition before we make any recommendations. For example, we’ll study a bacteria sample under a microscope to determine which kinds of treatment will offer the best results.
Call 203-293-2086 to schedule a consultation with us today.
Our State-Of-The-Art Anesthesia Keeps Oral Surgery Procedures Comfortable
Some patients dread receiving anesthesia almost as much as an actual oral surgery procedure. We administer anesthesia using the latest and best technologies and techniques, so it’s a stress-free and painless process. Our methods include:
- Single Tooth Anesthesia – Numbing just one tooth, as we do with our single tooth anesthesia, makes the injection nearly undetectable. Not only that, but you won’t have to endure hours of residual numbness following your surgery. We can even warm your anesthesia solution to body temperature to avoid any uncomfortable sting.
- DentalVibe® Comfort System – The DentalVibe is a small device that uses vibration to block any sensation from the injection, so you won’t feel a needle stick.
- Syrijet Needleless Injections – No needles are used with this method of administering anesthesia. It’s perfect for patients who have a fear of needles.
If you’re still nervous or concerned about discomfort, you can also receive laughing gas.