A former Chief Periodontist and Preventive Dental Officer in the United States Navy, Dr. Vandiveer Strait is often able to save even the most damaged teeth. However, he can also remove teeth when needed. Best of all, he has the knowledge and experience to recommend the best course of action. Among the oral surgery in Wilton Dr. Strait performs:Doctor A. Vandiveer Strait on oral surgery Read Transcript
Oral surgery in our office is something that we obviously would rather not do, and we do a great deal to prevent, but if someone needs it, then there's two aspects of it. One is to do it in a way that creates no discomfort afterwards and no discomfort while we're doing it. In addition, it's also important that it helps you are gaining something from it. That is, we're doing it because we want you to keep that tooth for the rest of your life, or we're doing it so that we now can restore the area properly. It should have a very important purpose, and it should not be done lightly. In our office we take that seriously, and we always make sure we take you ... as your wants and your needs foremost, and that we educate you about why we're doing it.
- Tooth Extractions – With Dr. Strait’s experience and our state-of-the-art numbing techniques, you may be surprised at how comfortable tooth removal can be.
- Bone Grafts – With his implant expertise, Dr. Strait may recommend this procedure, which strengthens your jaw so it can better support dental implants.
- Gum Grafts – As part of our advanced gum disease treatment, you may need a gum graft to repair your damaged gums. With his periodontics skills, Dr. Strait is an expert at keeping gums intact.
As a member of the Crown Council, an invitation-only organization dedicated to dental excellence, Dr. Strait can advise you on whether you need an oral surgery procedure. Call 203-293-2086 to schedule a consultation with him.
We Help You Avoid Oral Surgery Procedures If Possible
In general, Dr. Strait is committed to first trying nonsurgical procedures to restore your dental health. He’ll thoroughly assess your condition before he makes any recommendations. For example, he’ll study a bacteria sample under a microscope to determine which kinds of treatment will offer the best results. As both a trained periodontist and member of the James R. Cameron Society for Oral Surgery, he’ll know how to help you.
You Won’t Feel A Thing With Our State-Of-The-Art Anesthesia
Some patients dread receiving anesthesia almost as much as an actual oral surgery procedure. We administer anesthesia using the latest and best technologies and techniques, so it’s a stress-free and painless process. Our methods include:
- Single Tooth Anesthesia – Numbing just one tooth, as we do with our single tooth anesthesia, makes the injection nearly undetectable. Not only that, but you won’t have to endure hours of residual numbness following your surgery. We can even warm your anesthesia solution to body temperature to avoid any uncomfortable sting.
- DentalVibe® Comfort System – The DentalVibe is a small device that uses vibration to block any sensation from the injection, so you won’t feel a needle stick.
- Syrijet Needleless Injections – No needles are used with this method of administering anesthesia, making it perfect for patients who have a fear of needles.