Invisalign in Wilton makes a beautiful, straight smile simple. Our dentist has worked with Invisalign for years, and our practice is a top Invisalign provider. Compared to traditional braces, treatment with Invisalign offers:
- Improved Oral Health – Invisalign clear braces straighten your teeth and allow you to eat, drink, and brush like you normally would.
- Appearance – The braces are invisible, which means nobody will even know you have braces on.
- Comfort And Safety – A smooth plastic is used to straighten your teeth rather than sharp metal that can irritate your cheeks and gums. The aligners are shaped to properly fit in your mouth without forcing your teeth to straighten, which can damage them. They are easy to remove when performing your oral health care and daily activities.
- Shorter Treatment – Generally, Invisalign treatment takes six to 18 months to complete, with the majority of patients finishing in six to 12 months. Traditional braces can take up to five years.
- Benefits For Restorative Work – Invisalign treatment is often an important component of restorative dental work. For example, Invisalign, tooth replacement options, and dental crowns can correct your misaligned bite and improve your ability to chew.
- A Boost To Cosmetic Work – Invisalign can also be combined with cosmetic dental work like teeth whitening and veneers to help you achieve an all-around attractive smile.
Because your dentist wants to ensure your final result is excellent, they will always evaluate your cosmetic goals and oral health before and during your Invisalign treatment. To see if you’re a candidate for the Invisalign method, call 203-293-2086 now to set up a consultation.
Invisalign vs. Braces: See How They Are Different
Like braces, Invisalign aligners can correct crowded and crooked teeth, overbites, underbites, crossbites, deep bites, and spaces between teeth. By doing so, they can reduce excessive wear on your teeth and make them easier to clean. This reduces your risk of cavities, gum disease, and even TMJ problems. The clear aligners differ from braces in several ways, however:
- Invisalign’s technology promotes a more reliable, more comfortable, and healthier result and treatment process. Invisalign’s series of invisible plastic aligners cause fixed movement of your teeth in small increments. Metal braces require manual movement during each orthodontic visit to adjust the pressure needed to straighten your teeth. With Invisalign, this movement has been predetermined through computer technology and 3D imaging, minimizing your time and maximizing your comfort. Invisalign’s gentle forces also decrease the risk of tooth root resorption.
- Invisalign makes dental visits easier. Fewer dental appointments are necessary than with braces. In most cases, patients visit us once every six to eight weeks. We have even done cases where patients outside the state have only needed to see us a few times during treatment.
- Invisalign allows normal hygiene and eating during treatment. You have the flexibility to remove the aligners to clean your teeth thoroughly and to eat comfortably without giving up any foods you love.
- Invisalign doesn’t require extraction. With Invisalign, our dentist almost never extracts teeth to create room for tooth movement. Rather, they create space through a combination of expansion and polishing between the teeth.
Correct “Black Triangles” With Invisalign Aligners
Treating black triangles, or small triangular gaps between teeth, is easy with Invisalign. Still, we believe in treating the cause behind this problem. In almost all cases, black triangles are caused by gum recession due to “bad” bacteria. Wilton Dental Associates has been successfully eliminating this type of bacteria for over 30 years.
Invisalign in Wilton can finally give you the smile you want without the inconveniences of braces. Call our office at 203-293-2086 today or reach out online to request your appointment. Don’t forget to ask about free whitening with Invisalign treatment at your consultation!