Invisalign in Wilton makes a beautiful, straight smile simple. Dr. Strait has worked with Invisalign since its conception over 20 years ago. As an Invisalign Preferred and Premier Provider, he is one of the most successful top providers of Invisalign. He was even voted as the 2017 winner of the best Invisalign orthodontic case using orthodontics combined with other dental care in North America.Doctor A. Vandiveer Strait on Invisalign Read Transcript
When we do an Invisalign case, we're talking about straightening someone's teeth as healthily as possible. I did traditional orthodontics before that, and what I found is that people could not maintain their teeth. It was uncomfortable. It caused damage to teeth and to bone and to roots. I do not even understand why people still have wires and brackets. The reason I've stuck with Invisalign is, first of all, they'd been around for about 22 years, which I've been involved with in that long, but even more importantly, they have 750 patents, so you can understand they really know what they're doing. All my cases that I do with Invisalign, I actually reevaluate it several times in the process of actually finishing the case, so I don't just send it to them and they send it back. Rather, I work personally with that patient to get what they want and also to make sure that the actual case is finished beautifully.
We've done a couple thousand cases now, and I haven't had any failures at all for anyone that, you know, went through with the case, and that has been just extremely rewarding for me. Invisalign is good really for anyone. In fact, orthodontics of course has always been something that's looked at at all ages. But the fact is is that a lot of people don't realize that it's not just about making your teeth straight. That's why it's so important for everyone. You can use it on people who have – let's say you want to do restorative care but your teeth have shifted, and so in order to do it really properly, you can't really do it without aligning the teeth. And Invisalign is great for that kind of thing. Any kind of orthodontics will do that, but Invisalign is so healthy that that makes, it really makes a lot of sense for even people that have periodontal disease or have had surgeries done or have lost teeth or have only some of their teeth remaining. In every case, Invisalign is a phenomenal technique for that reason. So there isn't really anyone that can't benefit from the use of this technology.
Compared to traditional braces, Invisalign treatment at Wilton Dental Associates offers:
- Improved Oral Health – Invisalign clear braces straighten your teeth and allow you to eat, drink, and brush like you normally would.
- Appearance – The braces are invisible, which means nobody will even know that you have braces on!
- Comfort and Safety – A smooth plastic is used to straighten your teeth rather than sharp metal that can irritate your cheeks and gums. The aligners are shaped to properly fit in your mouth without forcing your teeth to straighten, which can damage them. They are easy to remove when performing your oral health care and daily activities.
- Shorter Treatment – Generally, Invisalign treatment takes 6 to 18 months to complete, with the majority of patients finishing in 6 to 12 months. Traditional braces can take up to five years.
Our patients often combine the Invisalign system with other procedures for a healthy, beautiful smile. Because Dr. Strait wants to ensure your final result is excellent, he always evaluates your cosmetic goals and oral health before and during your Invisalign treatment.
To see if you’re a candidate for Invisalign, call 203-293-2086 now to set up a consultation.
Invisalign vs. Braces: See How They Are Different
Like braces, Invisalign aligners can correct crowded and crooked teeth, overbites, underbites, crossbites, deep bites, and spaces between teeth. By doing so, it can reduce excessive wear on your teeth and make them easier to clean. This reduces your risk of cavities, gum disease, and even TMJ problems.
The clear aligners differ from braces in several ways, however:
- Invisalign’s technology promotes a more reliable, more comfortable, and healthier result and treatment process. Invisalign uses a series of invisible plastic aligners that cause fixed movement of your teeth in small increments. Metal braces require manual movement during each orthodontic visit to adjust the amount of pressure needed to straighten your teeth. With Invisalign, this movement has been predetermined through computer technology and 3D imaging, minimizing the time and maximizing the comfort of the procedure. Invisalign’s gentle forces also decrease the risk of tooth root resorption.
- Invisalign makes dental visits easier. Fewer dental appointments are necessary than with braces. In most cases, patients visit us once every six to eight weeks. Dr. Strait has even done cases where patients outside the state have only needed to see him a few times during treatment.
- Invisalign allows normal hygiene and eating during treatment. You have the flexibility to remove the aligners to clean your teeth thoroughly and to eat comfortably without giving up any foods you love.
- Invisalign doesn’t require extraction. With Invisalign, Dr. Strait almost never extracts teeth to create room for tooth movement. Rather, he creates space through a combination of expansion and polishing between the teeth.
Correct “Black Triangles” With Invisalign Aligners
Treating black triangles, or small triangular gaps between teeth, is easy with Invisalign. Still, we believe in treating the cause behind this problem. In almost all cases, black triangles are caused by gum recession due to “bad” bacteria. Wilton Dental Associates has been successfully eliminating this type of bacteria for over 30 years.
Invisalign in Wilton can finally give you the smile you want without the inconveniences of braces. Call our office at 203-293-2086 today or reach out online to request your appointment. Don’t forget to ask about free whitening with Invisalign treatment at your consultation!