Invisalign® is the healthier, faster, comfortable alternative to Braces.
Dr. Strait and Julia E. Strait have worked with Invisalign® since its conception 20 years ago. As both an Invisalign® Premier and Preferred Provider, they are one of the most successful top providers of Invisalign®. Dr. Strait was recently voted as the winner of the best Invisalign orthodontic case utilizing orthodontics combines with other dental care in North America.
Compared to traditional braces, Invisalign® allows people to have a much more comfortable orthodontic experience, as well as faster results.
At Wilton Dental Associates, the Invisalign® system of clear braces is not only used for straightening teeth, but is also combined with other procedures for a healthy, beautiful smile. Because Dr. Strait has advanced training and experience in Cosmetic dentistry and Periodontics and because he wants to insure your final result is always excellent, your cosmetic goals and your periodontal health are always evaluated and maintained prior to and during your Invisalign treatment.
In the Invisalign® process, we optimize the physiological movements of the teeth through the use of specialized clear aligners.
On the other hand, with metal braces, the orthodontist must determine manually during each visit the amount of pressure to apply, in order to create the desired movement; he then makes adjustments accordingly.
With Invisalign®, this has all been predetermined to minimize the time and to maximize the comfort of the procedure. Change is accomplished through a series of invisible plastic aligners that cause a fixed movement of the teeth in small increments. Fewer appointments are necessary and, inmost cases, patients do not have to return to the dental office more otten than once every 6 to 8 weeks during treatment. Cases have been done for patients outside the state where the patient has only needed to see Dr Strait a few times during treatment.
Most importantly, Invisalign® gives you the flexibility to remove the aligners in order to clean your teeth thoroughly and to eat in a comfortable, acceptable fashion.
-Improved Oral Health & Appearance: Straightens your teeth and allows for you to eat, drink and brush your teeth like you normally would. The braces are invisible which means nobody will even know that you have braces on!
- Comfort & Safety: A smooth plastic is used to straighten your teeth rather than sharp metal that can irritate your cheeks and gums. They are shaped to properly fit in your mouth without forcing the teeth to straighten which can damage the teeth. They are easy to remove when performing your oral health care and daily activities.
- Shorter Treatment Duration: Invisalign braces remain in your mouth for a shorter time than traditional braces. They can essentially be in your mouth for 1 to 1 ½ years whereas traditional braces can last in your mouth for up to 5 years.
- Treatment is faster, comfortable, invisible.
- Allows normal hygiene and eating of food during treatment.
- Decreases risk of root resorption due to the gentle forces used with invisalign.
- Reduces incidence of decalcification and decay.
- Improves appearance
- Eliminates spaces and reduces food impaction.
- Corrects malocclusion which can eliminate excessive wear and abfraction which is a cause of tooth sensitivity.
- Eliminates crowding.
- Makes oral hygiene home care easier.
- Eliminates traumatic occlusion and reduces risk of tmj problems.
- Makes preventive hygiene visits easier and more effective.
- Helps periodontal health.
- Corrects deep bites easily.
- Corrects cross bites easily.
- Makes all cosmetic and general dental care easier and more comfortable.
A. Vandiveer Strait was voted as the winner for Invisalign Orthodontics October 7, 2017 Wilton, CT - A. Vandiveer Strait, DDS, FAGD ...Read more