Is Gum Disease a Threat to my General Health?
- A. Vandiveer Strait, BA, DDS, FAGD
The American Academy of Periodontology states: “periodontal bacteria can enter the blood stream and travel to major organs and begin new infections.” The AAP as well as medical and dental authorities and researchers agree that there is strong evidence that dental/ periodontal bacteria can:
- Cause the development of Heart Disease, the nation’s leading cause of death.
- Contribute to the cause of or increase the risk of Stroke.
- Increase substantially a woman’s risk of having a preterm, low birthweight baby.
- Increase the risk of or contribute to Diabetes.
- Increase the risk of or contribute to Respiratory Disease.
- Increase the risk of or contribute to Osteoporosis.
- Increase the risk of or contribute to Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Increase the risk of or contribute to Kidney Disease,
- Increase the risk of or contribute to Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Increase the risk of or contribute to More than 16 systemic conditions or diseases.
You CAN avoid the threat to your health caused by the dental/ periodontal bacteria which have been proven to be linked to serious health risks and at the same time avoid expensive dental care. The unfortunate fact is most people have no idea whether they have these bacterial pathogens or not and obviously you can’t stop or even try to stop something you don’t know you have.
#1 is diagnosis. In order to eliminate these bacterial pathogens you first have to identify and quantify them. At Wilton Dental Associates we do this for you and everyone is our practice.
The only practical way to do this is to use a Phase Microscope routinely for all patients. Microscopic cultures are magnified some 1 million times on a high resolution monitor and both the quantity, mobility, motility, and pathogenic morphological types are recorded.
Your goal then becomes to eliminate these bacteria via effective efficient mechanical oral hygiene home care along with proven non-toxic antibacterial agents.
The system we use at Wilton and Bethel Dental Associates is so effective that you, like the vast majority of our patients can achieve a negative culture, one free of bacterial pathogens, in two weeks. This healthy condition if maintained will assure for you the elimination of all new dental disease permanently and eliminate the threat these bacteria pose to your general health.
Your BENEFITS of this amazingly effective dental preventive program are: BEING HEALTHIER, LOOKING YOUNGER, LIVING LONGER, SAVING MONEY, AND ENJOYING LIFE MORE!
If you really want to have a healthy, beautiful smile for a lifetime you need a team who will provide the technology and support to achieve this, who have the goal of eliminating the cause of dental disease and who GUARANTEE results.
See our other blogs and call Wilton Dental Associates now!