Dr. Beckie D’Andrea has training and experience in treating and correcting all aspects of periodontal disease. In addition, our in-house periodontist will take good care of your gums. Our dentist understands that the long-term success of periodontal care depends on eliminating gum disease bacteria through effective oral hygiene and preventive care. With our Wilton gum disease treatment, you can:
When someone comes into our office with gum problems of any sort, whether their gums are bleeding or whether or not they know they’ve already had periodontal treatment from a periodontist or whatever, our number one goal is to make them aware of what caused it and then help them eliminate it. In our office, we actually do very one-on-one work to make sure that they’re first of all educated and then understand the problem.
They are taught by a hygienist exactly what they need to do to get the teeth healthy and to get rid of the cause of that problem. That involves whatever effort is necessary to make sure they’re successful. We use a microscope to identify these pathogens, and then we make sure that they have the tools at home and on a regular basis to make sure that it doesn’t come back. And in our office, our success rate with people that follow our program has been literally 100 percent. So this has been just incredibly rewarding, and in almost every case, we’re able to treat the people non-surgically.”]
- Prevent gum recession and tooth loss
- Gain a more attractive smile
- Stop worrying about constant bad breath
- Improve your oral health
- Improve your overall health by reducing the risk of associated conditions
- Improve your self-confidence
We understand that although gum treatment may be necessary for your dental health, it doesn’t always feel good. The Oraqix® topical anesthetic system allows your hygienist to numb your gums without using any other anesthesia. This enables us to painlessly perform your deep cleaning (scaling and root planing). For those who are still anxious, we offer laughing gas.
You stand to gain a lot by keeping your gums in good shape. Call 203-293-2086 to get your oral health on track today.
Technology Ensures Precise Gum Disease Diagnosis & Treatment
At Wilton Dental Associates, we have the technology and techniques to eliminate all mild periodontal disease without surgery. In more advanced cases, we can significantly reduce the need for surgery or make surgical treatment much more predictable. To help us ensure the health of your gums, we use many advanced dental procedures and equipment, including:
- The PSR Probe – This instrument allows us to quickly determine your gum disease risk. We use it to examine the gumline around each tooth and measure the depth of the “pockets” between the teeth and gums.
- Antibiotics – Depending on the type of bacteria, we may recommend antibiotic therapy to treat abscesses, gingivitis (early stage gum disease), periodontitis (advanced gum disease), and gum disease that has not improved with other treatments. The antibiotics will be placed under the affected gum tissue (such as Arestin®) or prescribed as an oral medication.
We may also use other technology and equipment during your gum disease care:
- micro-IDent and micro-IDentplus11 DNA testing
- Phase microscope
- TheraSol and chloramine-T antibacterial irrigation
- Piezo ultrasonic root planing
- Sensimatic 660SE Electrosurge
- Emdogain biologics
- Guided-tissue regeneration (GTR)
- AlloDerm Regenerative Tissue Grafts
We Can Perform Gum Surgery In-House
Periodontal surgery can repair or regenerate defects in the gums, bone, and supporting structures. If surgery is required, you can have your surgical treatment right here. Here are some benefits of our in-house treatment:
- Our dentist and in-house periodontist have decades of experience with all aspects of periodontal repair and regeneration.
- We believe that this procedure should be completely painless.
- We use the newest proven technology to regenerate new bone, new root attachment, or new attached gum tissues.
- We use synthetic materials to make the procedures far less invasive and make post-treatment faster and more comfortable.
- You will receive a customized program to restore the health and appearance of your gums and supporting bone.
Because surgery does not eliminate or prevent the recurrence of periodontal disease, nor the further destruction or recession of these tissues, it is important to pick a dental practice that has a long track record of success with periodontal health. At Wilton Dental Associates, our primary purpose is to enable you to completely eliminate bad periodontal bacteria so you can prevent future problems and maintain your dental health.
See Us ASAP With These Symptoms Of Gum Disease
The American Academy of Periodontology states that bacteria from gum disease can travel through the bloodstream and cause infections in your body’s organs. Other research shows strong evidence that periodontal bacteria can contribute to heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and more. If you have any of the following symptoms, you should see us ASAP:
- Bleeding gums
- Receding gums or longer-appearing teeth
- Root exposure
- Tenderness around or between the teeth
- Uncomfortable visits or bleeding when you have your teeth cleaned
- Bad breath
- Shifting of teeth
- Loose teeth
- Sensitive teeth
At Wilton Dental Associates, we ensure you get results so your smile – and your body – can stay healthy. For gum disease treatment in Wilton, call us at 203-293-2086 today.