There is nothing “routine” about our general dentistry in Wilton. Here are a few reasons your experience at Wilton Dental Associates will be different from anywhere else:
- We treat the cause of dental disease, not just the symptoms.
- We have a proven and unique system that will ensure you will never get new dental disease again.
- We look at your smile from a microscopic level to better understand your oral health needs.
- You will be taught how to eliminate the cause of dental decay and gum disease.
- Our preventive program is easy, effective, and it will save you thousands of dollars.
- Ninety-five percent of our patients who follow our recommendations never get any new dental disease.
- Your dentist here understands how all areas of dentistry are interrelated. Our expertise and ability to look at your care from every perspective will ensure radically better results and keep your long-term dental costs lower.
We have helped thousands of patients stay disease-free for over 30 years! If you want a healthy smile that will save you time, pain, embarrassment, and money in the long run, call us now at 203-293-2086. If you’re new to our practice, you can save even more money with our $139 new patient special, which includes a thorough cleaning, complete exam, and X-rays.
Excellent Oral Health Starts With Dental Cleanings & Exams
One of the best ways to prevent dental problems is by coming to our office twice a year for regular cleanings and exams. Dr. D’Andrea, along with your hygienist, provides professional exams that include:
- A microscopic culture (MC) to look for signs of cavities and gum disease and to check for other health issues, as your mouth is a window into your total body health
- Screenings for oral cancer, TMJ disorder, and other problems
- A review of your current home oral hygiene regimen
- Education on toothbrushing, flossing, water irrigation, and more
- Delivery of an antibacterial to treat gum disease, if needed
- Recommendations for a custom mouthguard for sports or TMJ pain relief, made in-house
You can expect your dental cleanings to be as comfortable as possible. We use Oraqix® anesthetic gel for pain-free treatment. In addition, laughing gas is available to calm any dental anxiety you’re feeling.
Preventive Dentistry Always Involves Proper Home Care
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) states 92 percent of adults ages 20 to 64 have had cavities in their permanent teeth. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) states 50 percent of all adults have gum disease. Yet most of the products, devices, and home care techniques that are supposed to help us keep our mouths healthy do not work.
We believe that all dental disease is preventable. We have one of the most effective preventive dentistry programs anywhere. Part of this program involves thorough biannual cleanings and exams at our office, as well as fluoride treatments and antibacterial rinses, if recommended. Another part is knowing and recommending which home care technology and appliances are easiest to use and give the best, most consistent results. Years of extensive research and experience have gone into this.
We will design a customized home preventive dentistry program for you that requires only a few minutes a day. In many cases, our patients spend no more time on dental care than they were before coming to our office. A registered dental hygienist will help you get these results by acting as your coach at no charge.
Expect State-Of-The-Art Technology For Thorough Exams
We have invested in the latest technology to ensure your oral health is optimal and that your care is quick, comfortable, and reliable. Here is some technology we may use at your routine visits:
- Phase Microscope – Our phase microscope helps us detect disease and assess whether your preventive dental routine is working. If you have reduced or eliminated the mobile bacteria that cause dental disease, there will be little to no movement when we look under the microscope.
- ViziLite Plus System – We believe oral cancer screening is an important part of every exam. To help detect cancer and precancerous changes, we offer ViziLite Plus, the most advanced and precise oral cancer screening technology.
- Digital X-Rays – We use the safest X-rays available. Our DEXIS Platinum Digital X-ray System reduces radiation exposure from standard X-rays by as much as 90 percent. Our technology completely prevents radiation exposure to anywhere other than the teeth, eliminating the need for lead aprons and the fear of radiation exposure for pregnant or nursing women. (We do still use lead aprons for psychological value.)
With our general dentistry in Wilton, a healthy, happy smile can be yours for life. Call 203-293-2086 today to get started, or use our online form. We’re at 44 Old Ridgefield Road, Suite 212, near the corner of Center Street and Ridgefield Road.