- We help you get ahead of issues & have long term health
- Ask if you would benefit from an airway evaluation
- Our patient-focused team prioritizes your experience
There is nothing “routine” about our general dentistry in Wilton. Here are a few reasons your experience at Wilton Dental Associates will be different from anywhere else:
Actually, diet and food has been a major part of my own research and self-education, as well as taking some courses on it. There’s a direct relationship, obviously, between what you eat and how you feel. But it also affects not only your teeth but your whole body, and particularly the tissues of your mouth. So people, for example, who have gum bleeding or have periodontal disease many times will not really be eating a diet that’s healthy for them. In our office, if anybody is interested, we can certainly help you to find things that will make your diet, your health, better.
We also believe that no one can actually eat a hundred percent ideal diet. And I have a specialty training in nutrition, and therefore I help people use supplementation. And so, why would you want supplementation?
The reason you want supplementation is because in order to eat a diet that’s ideal would require eating a lot of things you probably wouldn’t enjoy very much. So if you could maybe modify your diet a little bit, but have some really, really good supplementation that is not that expensive, you’ll find yourself having much better health. I personally never get sick. I haven’t been sick in about 17 years now. So if you want to follow what I do, you’re welcome to it.”]
- We treat the cause of dental disease, not just the symptoms.
- We have a proven and unique system that will ensure you will never get new dental disease again.
- We look at your smile from a microscopic level to better understand your oral health needs.
- You will be taught how to eliminate the cause of dental decay and gum disease.
- Our preventive program is easy, effective, and it will save you thousands of dollars.
- Ninety-five percent of our patients who follow our recommendations never get any new dental disease.
- Your dentist here understands how all areas of dentistry are interrelated. Our expertise and ability to look at your care from every perspective will ensure radically better results and keep your long-term dental costs lower.
We have helped thousands of patients stay disease-free for over 30 years! If you want a healthy smile that will save you time, pain, embarrassment, and money in the long run, call us now at 203-293-2086. If you’re new to our practice, you can save even more money with our $139 new patient special, which includes a thorough cleaning, complete exam, and X-rays.
Excellent Oral Health Starts With Dental Cleanings & Exams
One of the best ways to prevent dental problems is by coming to our office twice a year for regular cleanings and exams. Dr. D’Andrea, along with your hygienist, provides professional exams that include:
General dentistry is, to a lot of people, just somebody who looks in your mouth and finds out if you have a cavity and fills it or maybe cleans your teeth at the office. So maybe makes a crown or something like that for you. But the truth is that general dentistry really encompasses every aspect of your dental health. And if it’s done right, that dentist is really helping you and guiding you in all aspects of staying healthy as well as the maintenance of that. And that means, for example, that if you have a gum problem, it isn’t something that’s kind of put to the side and when it gets bad enough, they send you to a periodontist, but rather something that is handled right from the beginning as an integral part of your care.
Every aspect of general dentistry is really important, and when you go to an office that doesn’t have that, they’re going to miss something, they’re not going to be focused on it. They’re not going to have the background to diagnose it. I have found, for example, because I have extensive training in endodontics and root canal therapy, and because of that, I’m able to avoid people needing the root canal therapy because I know I’m not afraid that somehow that I’m going to cause it. Rather I’m in there right away making sure that doesn’t happen. And I think that dentists who aren’t endodontically trained tend to be a little shy of the pulp and are worried about somebody ending up with a root canal, and as a result, they end up getting more.
In fact, anything you’re afraid of, I think you tend to actually cause the problem, be part of the problem instead of part of the solution. I’ve always thought the fact that when someone comes in, what you’ve really done is signed up to be responsible for their health. And that means you really do need to do complete care, and complete care doesn’t mean complete care for your fillings or for one aspect of your health. It really means everything. So a general dentist really, if he’s good, is responsible for every aspect. Even if he doesn’t do it himself, he should make sure that every aspect of your health is taken care of.”]
- A microscopic culture (MC) to look for signs of cavities and gum disease and to check for other health issues, as your mouth is a window into your total body health
- Screenings for oral cancer, TMJ disorder, and other problems
- A review of your current home oral hygiene regimen
- Education on toothbrushing, flossing, water irrigation, and more
- Delivery of an antibacterial to treat gum disease, if needed
- Recommendations for a custom mouthguard for sports or TMJ pain relief, made in-house
You can expect your dental cleanings to be as comfortable as possible. We use Oraqix® anesthetic gel for pain-free treatment. In addition, laughing gas is available to calm any dental anxiety you’re feeling.
Preventive Dentistry Always Involves Proper Home Care
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) states 92 percent of adults ages 20 to 64 have had cavities in their permanent teeth. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) states 50 percent of all adults have gum disease. Yet most of the products, devices, and home care techniques that are supposed to help us keep our mouths healthy do not work.
We believe that all dental disease is preventable. We have one of the most effective preventive dentistry programs anywhere. Part of this program involves thorough biannual cleanings and exams at our office, as well as fluoride treatments and antibacterial rinses, if recommended. Another part is knowing and recommending which home care technology and appliances are easiest to use and give the best, most consistent results. Years of extensive research and experience have gone into this.
We will design a customized home preventive dentistry program for you that requires only a few minutes a day. In many cases, our patients spend no more time on dental care than they were before coming to our office. A registered dental hygienist will help you get these results by acting as your coach at no charge.
Expect State-Of-The-Art Technology For Thorough Exams
We have invested in the latest technology to ensure your oral health is optimal and that your care is quick, comfortable, and reliable. Here is some technology we may use at your routine visits:
- Phase Microscope – Our phase microscope helps us detect disease and assess whether your preventive dental routine is working. If you have reduced or eliminated the mobile bacteria that cause dental disease, there will be little to no movement when we look under the microscope.
- ViziLite Plus System – We believe oral cancer screening is an important part of every exam. To help detect cancer and precancerous changes, we offer ViziLite Plus, the most advanced and precise oral cancer screening technology.
- Digital X-Rays – We use the safest X-rays available. Our DEXIS Platinum Digital X-ray System reduces radiation exposure from standard X-rays by as much as 90 percent. Our technology completely prevents radiation exposure to anywhere other than the teeth, eliminating the need for lead aprons and the fear of radiation exposure for pregnant or nursing women. (We do still use lead aprons for psychological value.)
With our general dentistry in Wilton, a healthy, happy smile can be yours for life. Call 203-293-2086 today to get started, or use our online form. We’re at 44 Old Ridgefield Road, Suite 212, near the corner of Center Street and Ridgefield Road.