Dental emergencies in Wilton can happen at any time and any place. With help from Wilton Dental Associates, you don’t have to live with the pain or compromise your smile. With our quick emergency care, you can:Doctor A. Vandiveer Strait on dental emergencies Read Transcript
When someone comes into our office with a dental emergency or calls our office with a dental emergency, we really understand that that's something that they need to have taken care of right away.
So first of all, usually we'll figure out a way to get them in within very few minutes, or depending on the situation of course, that's certainly that same day. And even sometimes, we'll start something earlier than that. We'll actually call in something, even an analgesic immediately, just to get something going so they're comfortable in the time it gets them to get there or something.
But once they're here, our number one goal is to get them comfortable, and usually we can do that within a very short time. Sometimes, even before we would diagnose, if we had somebody with a lot of discomfort, we might make them comfortable through local anesthetic or something to make sure that they're now fine, and then we can address it where they can think and talk and not be subject to all the discomfort they're currently dealing with.
But whatever that emergency is, whether it's something that is painful or whether it's just a broken tooth, our goal is to get that person functional and comfortable in a very short order.
Our schedule is such, and our office, that we're never jammed, we don't feel that that's good dentistry. So we'll find a way to get them in, and it might be at lunchtime for me, and I have no problem with that. It might be after work, and I have no problem with that either. I just want to make sure that that person gets taken care of, and we always do that for everyone.
- Get help within 24 hours if you’re a new patient
- Ensure your teeth and gums stay healthy
- Relieve your pain and prevent future emergencies
- Stay comfortable during treatment with sedation
When you or a loved one need urgent dental care, remember to call 203-293-2086 right away.
You’ll Stay Comfortable Under Our Care
Dr. Strait and our team do everything possible to make dental care efficient and comfortable for our patients, whether they’re coming in for routine care or an emergency. Here are a few benefits you can expect during dental emergency treatment:Doctor A. Vandiveer Strait on root canals Read Transcript
Root canal therapy at Wilton Dental Associates is not an ordeal. And the reason it's not an ordeal – even though you hear that word “root canal” and everybody goes, 'Ahh!' – is because the word almost to anyone means some kind of discomfort.
The fact is is that if someone is a really good endodontist and has good endodontic training, there is no reason to have discomfort in treatment or afterwards. And the success rate should be long-term and permanent.
There's been new technology changes over the past 30, 40 years, almost continuously. And we've kept up with them. Our newest technology is called WaveOne. It's a technology that uses a computer technology to enlarge the canals and also uses computers and a sonar to find the end of the root. And the same aspect of etchy sealing. We're also using three-dimensional sealing of the canals, and that's probably why we have no retreatments necessary and our care is extremely successful.
So, if you have an issue like that, please give us a call and we'll at least take a look and tell you what we think.
- Laughing gas, or inhaled sedation, which makes you calm and carefree within a few minutes
- Painless anesthesia options, whether through computer-controlled anesthesia or needle-free injections
- Modern tools like digital X-rays that streamline your diagnosis and treatment with less poking around
- Creature comforts, including pillows, music of choice, and orthopedically designed chairs
- A lifetime guarantee on your dental work, provided you follow our recommendations
Take Care Of Common Dental Emergencies At Home
Dental pain usually doesn’t go away by itself, so it’s important to call us at the first sign of trouble. With Dr. Strait’s decades of experience handling emergencies, our comprehensive solutions, and our modern technology, you can be sure we have the answer to your dental dilemma.
Before your appointment with us, there are a few things you can do to improve your chances for a quick recovery:
- Broken Tooth – A broken tooth can lead to infection, damage to the soft tissues inside your mouth, and even a lost tooth. Find any pieces and bring them with you to your appointment. Place sugarless gum or wax from a drugstore over any rough edges. Avoid eating on the tooth, and take an over-the-counter pain reliever, such as acetaminophen, to ease discomfort.
- Knocked-Out Tooth – Time is crucial when it comes to a knocked-out tooth. Find the tooth if you can, rinse it without touching the roots, and try to reinsert it in place. If you can’t, put it in a container of milk or saliva, and bring it to us. If we see you in time, we may be able to reinsert it.
- Toothache – A toothache is one of the most common emergencies we treat. It often indicates a cavity or tooth infection and usually requires treatment with a filling, dental crown, or root canal. Many patients find relief with acetaminophen. Using a warm compress and rinsing your mouth with warm water can provide temporary relief too.
Dental emergencies in Wilton don’t have to result in permanent harm to your smile. Call Wilton Dental Associates immediately at 203-293-2086 to get the relief you deserve.