Dear Patients, Family, and Friends,
We hope this letter finds you and those close to you in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
While our standards have always been well “above and beyond” what the American Dental Association and Centers for Disease Control recommend, we have been diligently moving our technology forward. Through direct communication and educational webinars are making sure that we are creating a totally secure, clean, safe, and comfortable environment within the reality of the pandemic so that we can safely open Wilton Dental Associates full time to all our patients.
We are sparing no effort or expense to be certain that:
- We are very knowledgeable and up to date regarding COVID-19.
- That we use the newest and best CDC and ADA approved protocols for your safety and health.
- That the best new sterilization, disinfecting, and health safety equipment, materials, etc. are in place.
- That we are thoroughly trained in all procedures, equipment involved.
We hope to announce very soon an exact date when we will be open to all patients. We are working expeditiously to make that happen. We take your health and safety very seriously and our opening date will be determined based on this.
Here is just a small list of the things we have done to ensure safety for everyone who comes into our office.
- We have added a new ULV FOGGER C 100+. This Is a major breakthrough technology in office sterilization and disinfection. The equipment will allow us to treat a single room or the entire office between patients. We are one of the first dental offices to have this technology.
- We now have a separate exit and entrance to our office and these will be disinfected between patients.
- We will be limiting our operations: only one patient will be in the office at a time. Limited staff and one patient at a time allows for social distancing, as well as complete disinfection of the offices between procedures. Our patients are scheduled in such a manner to meet and exceed the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and CDC Guidelines.
- Screening patients on the phone so that high-risk patients or those with flu-like symptoms stay at home. Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We have incorporated two helpful diagnostic screening technologies. A. No contact Infrared infrared digital thermometer and Fingertip Pulse Oximeter. These will help us to screen staff and patients before or upon entry to our office as a preventative measure.
- We now have a new (May 13th) comfortable COVID-19 TEST available to all our patients and staff. This FDA approved test from OralDNA Labs, Eden Prairie, MN. uses saliva.
- Every staff member will wear protective footies that cover their shoes and hair nets while in treatment areas. If they leave the treatment area, they will remove them so there is no “tracking” of anything into or out of each treatment area.
- We’re using Birex Quat™ throughout our office in addition to the new ULV FOGGER C 100+. . Birex Quat™ is the most powerful sanitizing agent available for eliminating germs, bacteria, and viruses. It has FDA approval and is the number one surface disinfectant in the dental industry. It is trusted by leading infection control experts. and this is what we are using on door entry and exit hardware, our front desk, etc.
- We have increased disposable items wherever this will improve the safety of our staff and patients without reducing the quality of our services. In particular you will note this in the staff and doctors treatment area (PPE) personal protective equipment – gowns, hair covers, face shields, shoe covers, masks, and gloves.
- The reception area has been cleared of all shared items to maintain the highest level of cleanliness. We ask that you call us upon your arrival and wait in your car until we come and get you. Any additional people who are with you should wait in your car for the duration of your appointment. This will allow us to ensure the office is cleaned and ready in between each patient.
- We will have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area front desk and other places in the office to use as needed.
Continuing to make sure we are doing everything possible to make your visits safe and secure is just one of the ways that we are supporting our community, and it is part of our dedication to excellence.
At Wilton Dental Associates, we are used to going above and beyond for our patients…it is second nature. For this and many other reasons, many of our patients have trusted their care with us for 30 years or more.
Please call us if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
A. Vandiveer Strait, DDS, FAGD and Team
Wilton, Dental Associates, LLC – 203-293-2086