TMJ Treatment for Bethel, CT, Redding, CT & Surrounding Communities
From the Temple University School of Dentistry, University of Pennsylvania School of Dentistry, and the Las Vegas Institute, Dr. Strait has received advanced postgraduate training in the treatment of TMJ problems and head and neck pain.
What is TMJ-TMD?
TMJ-TMD also known as temporomandibular joint disorder and MPD (myofascial pain dysfunction) or craniomandibular dysfunction is a neuromuscular disorder affecting the temporomandibular joints. These joints are located on each side of your head that help enable you to yawn, eat, speak and chew by working with the muscles, ligaments, discs and bones surrounding it.
TMJ is characterized by the following symptoms that occur:
- Facial pain
- Jaw pain
- Sore, chipped, broken, or worn teeth
- Clicking or popping in the jaw
- Limited jaw movement
- Chronic pain in the jaw, teeth, face, head, neck, shoulders, or back, or any combination of these areas
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ears) or dizziness
- Grinding of teeth
- Frequent ear infections
- Restricted airway
Neuromuscular dentistry can help alleviate these symptoms.
State-of-the-Art TMJ Treatment Equipment
Dr. Strait uses the newest technology in the diagnosis and treatment of temporomandibular joint disorder (TMD).
- The Myotronics J5 Tensing machine is used to relax and make comfortable the muscles associated with TMJ and neuromuscular problems and also to find the patient’s correct bite and jaw relationship.
- K7 technology by Myotronics is used for treatment and diagnosis of TMJ and neuromuscular discomfort.
- Both of the above technologies are used in the fabrication of Sports Mouth Guards, which have been proven to increase athletes’ strength and ability
If you are suffering from TMJ contact Dr. Strait at Wilton Dental Associates to schedule your appointment for TMJ treatment today!