Oraqix® is a needle-free, topical anesthetic that combines lidocaine and prilocaine.
- Lidocaine 2.5% and Prilocaine Periodontal Gel 2.5%
- Needle-free application and fast onset promotes patient comfort
- Oraqix has a gel consistency that ensures localized absorption on the desired treatment area
The Wand is essentially a computer-controlled dental injection. The flow rate of the local anaesthetic is controlled by a computer. This means that the injection is guaranteed to be slow and steady and therefore comfortable.The manufacturers of the Wand - now call their products CompuDent and STA (Single Tooth Anesthesia) System.The STA system only lets a certain amount of anesthesia go through while you are having your dental process, promising that there won't be any pain felt from the stick of the needle or the dentist working on your mouth. Only the location that dental work has to be done on is numbed.
It simply doesn't look like a syringe! The needle used with STA doesn't even compare to a syringe! The needle is much smaller than the dental needles you are probably familiar with. It looks more like a wand or pen and has a tiny needle at the end; in this way, you do not experience the usual numbness and embarrassing drooling sensation that often accompanies a visit to the dentist.
What are the advantages?
- Looks non-threatening and almost cute. Researchers have found that the Wand induces less anxiety than any other injection method .
- The precise control of flow rate and pressure reliably produces a comfortable injection even in potentially more "difficult" areas like the palate, where the tissue is less elastic.
- Many dentists enjoy the light weight and easy handling. The penlike grasp allows the operator to rotate the handpiece, which can make it easier to glide the needle into the tissue.
- Two "fancy" injection techniques (the AMSA and P-ASA, for the nerds among you) are much more comfortable and effective when the Wand is used.
The DentalVibe® is a small vibrating device that is placed onto the gums around an injection site. The device sends a precise vibration into the tissues which blocks any sensation from the injection. The injection is administered while the tissue is being vibrated, making the injection virtually painless.